Arlee Bird and his gracious co-host are hosting the the annual A to Z blogging challenge ( just in case you live on a remote primitive island-with no internet access) and have not heard of this challenge, please visit the official A to Z blogging challenge site. (here)
Because, time is drawing near.
I know that I have not been around much. I want to thank all of you who responded to my facebook prayer request. I am so appreciative of all the kind words and prayers for my dad. He is doing better & is off of the ventilator, but he is in his mid 80's so we have to prepare ourselves. No matter how old a family member is, losing your dad or anyone is devastating. He is still with us and I ask for your continued prayers.
Let me tell you something else that I uber grateful for right now. As an A to Z challenge newbie, I am filled with the same anxious feeling some of you may also be experiencing. In late February, I took the advise of Captain Ninja, Alex J. Cavanaugh and D.L. Hammonds over at Cruising Altitude (both are co-host) & several other bloggers who suggested we try to write at least some of our daily A to Z post in advance. With everything going on in my personal life this past month, I would be a basket case if I had not already written most of my post.
Don, posted an excellent article back in February, that helped me get prepared. He used to be involved in planning & scheduling and he wrote instructional manuals and trained new employees so he is someone I count on as a my go to guru for events like the A to Z blogging challenge. Read his post, which includes his A to Z Survival Kit for the month of April.
I am sure most of you have some idea of what to write about by now. I like the idea of using a theme. I won't tell you what mine is, but I have a couple of ideas for those of you still contemplating what you will write.
What about an A to Z theme of your own personal Bucket List. Obviously, the letter "B" would stand for the " Best Seller List" that your next novel will climb to the top of.
How about an A to Z theme of all the places you want to visit, from Aruba to Zetland.
How about the title of your next 26 novels beginning with A and the last one with Z. Since I write mystery/suspense/legal thrillers, mine would be something like APPEAL OF INNOCENCE & ZERO DEFENSE.
My last bit of advice from a newbie (all of this taken from the advice of others):
1. Brevity of Post- Keep them short
2. Visit as many other bloggers in the challenge as you can. My goal is to visit the 20 blogs below my name & hopefully the 20 below that and the 20 above my name.
3. Make sure your A to Z badge is placed high up on your blog where it is visible to every person who clicks on your blog.
4. and for the sake of the insanity of everyone participating, please make it easy for readers to comment on your blog. Turn off the word verification, make sure your comment area is easy to find.
5. Make sure your "follow me" section is prominently displayed at the TOP of your blog so new readers can easily find it and become your newest blog followers.
Most importantly, have fun, relax & make new friends.