Rebel Writer's Pledge 2012
After you read this please scroll to the bottom to read about my Get Fired Up Contest. Make sure you are signed up for the amazing prizes.
.Well, I already missed the boat. I have got to become more organized and get my priorities in order. We were supposed to write a post on Monday, January 23rd, listing our goals for 2012, and highlighting one goal. Then our lovely host is going to compile a list of the goals we contributed to the group and post them for all to see.
We will leave the pledge badge on our site as a reminder of our goals. Sheri is doing this to join us as writers committed to achieving our goals and supporting each other throughout the year.
This is a wonderful idea.
I pledge the following goals for 2012:
1 . I will complete my manuscript revisions within 30 days and begin querying.
2. I will research the literary agent that I want to query.
3. I will not overextend myself. I will learn to say no when necessary and I will not obligate myself to anything unless I am positive that I can fulfill the commitment and I have my calendar with me or whatever I need to refer to for scheduling. I will do this to ensure that I am able to do the act I am agreeing to And I have with me at the time a method for adding this responsibility to my calender/reminders/alerts.
4. I will stick to a writing schedule because I get too easily distracted.
5. I will attend the New York Pitch Conference and Workshop in March and try to attend the Backspace Writers Conference in May.
6. I will treat my writing as a job and not a hobby. When I work as a lawyer that will be my priority, but when I work from home as a writer I will treat my writing as a career. I will not watch television, surf the net or work in my pajamas all day, (this will be hard-I never knew how much I would love working in my p.j.'s) but there is something to be said about feeling more professional when you look the part.
Why don't you check out some of the other participants & get inspired by their pledges
Have you signed up for a chance to win a Kindle Fire or a 2 hour plot consultation from Martha Alderson? You still have time.
Sign up here.
Read more about it here.
And if don't want to do any type of blog mentoring. You can still win several prizes including a $50.00 Amazon gift card, two of Martha Alderson's books, Scrivner Software and more. All you have to do is leave your name & email in a post.
For more information on how to increase you entries up to twelve (12)